Saturday 24 October 2015

Halloween Cupcake Recipe

Hey everyone! So Halloween is this month and I'm soo excited! So today I thought I'd tell you how to make some fun cupcakes that taste AMAZING!

Ingredients- (makes 10 cupcakes)

For the cupcakes:

  •   50g Butter     
  • 120g Caster Sugar
  • 160g plain flour
  •  2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 160ml milk
  • 1 egg
  • Vanilla extract (depending how strong you want the vanilla to be)
  • Black food colouring

For the icing:

·    100g icing sugar
·    50g butter
·    Dash of milk
·    Orange food colouring


Add the black food colouring to the milk until you get your desired colour and pre-heat your oven to gas mark 4. Cream the butter and sugar together. Then fold in the flour and baking powder and gradually add the milk. It seems like a lot at first but using more milk and less butter makes the cupcakes so soft and delicious! Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue beating the mixture thoroughly. Spoon the mixture into cupcake cases (preferably black because...well, Halloween!
For the icing, cream together the butter and icing sugar. Then add the food colouring until you get the colour how you want it.

For extra decoration, add some black sprinkles and whatever other Halloween-y decorations you can think of and you’re done! ;)

~Alissa x

2 comments:

  1. I love your halloween theme on your blog. This recipe sounds yummy. I've also got a cake recipe for a watermelon cake, which I made for my sister's birthday: http://flobean.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/watermelon-cake-diy.html
    It would mean so much if you could check out my blog, don't forget to follow and comment :)
    My blog--> www.flobean.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this - anything sweet and I'm hooked!!! Got to love a cupcake! :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
    http://www.youtube.com/sprinklesofstyle

    ReplyDelete